Sour Cream Lemon Pie (From Chaos in the Kitchen)
What you need…
• 1 9-inch pie crust
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 1/2 tbsp corn starch
• 1 tbsp lemon zest, grated
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 cup milk
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 cup sour cream
• whipped cream, for topping (optional)
What to do…
1. Carefully pat pie crust into a pie dish and flute the edges. Prick all over the bottom and sides with a fork. Bake at 350°F abour 8 minutes or until golden brown (or follow the instructions on the package…hehe)
2. In a sauce pan combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, egg yolks and milk. Heat over medium, whisking constantly.
3. Cook filling until very thick, whisking constantly, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in butter.
4. Allow filling to cool slightly, then stir in sour cream until well combined.
5. Pour filling into pie shell and refrigerate until completely cold and set.
6. Top with sweetened whipped cream before serving (or not)
|Choosing music while baking is very serious business|